Case #1 – Crohn’s Disease & Frequent Bathroom Trips
- 35 year old male.
- Crohn’s Disease – diagnosed 12 years ago; surgical removal of 18 inches of small intestine 2 years ago.
- Feels worse since the surgery and has excessively frequent and unpredictable bowel movements, at least of 6-8 daily.
- Must be near a bathroom at all times; this has significantly impacted his social life.
- Always worried about where the bathroom is and does not travel very far from home.
- Lots of gas and diarrhea that are worse with certain foods, but nobody has ever tested him for food allergies.
- Poor circulation in hands, forearms, feet, and knees.
- Frequent knee pain.
- Low energy.
- Frequent episodes of low back pain – he is seeing a chiropractor for this.
- Hasn’t exercised in 2 years because of his bowel habits.
- Medications: mesalazine (anti-inflammatory).
- Supplements: multivitamin, probiotics (both are self-prescribed).
What we found:
- Suspected hidden food allergies.
- Suspected intestinal bacteria imbalances & intestinal hyperpermeability problems.
- Suspected systemic inflammation, especially affecting the intestines and joints.
- Suspected high toxin levels.
- Spinal misalignments:
- T4-6 (these nerve levels supply the gallbladder, liver, stomach and first part of small intestine).
- T10-12 (these nerve levels supply the adrenals, kidneys, intestines).
- L4-5 (these nerve levels supply the prostate and major muscles of the low back).
What we recommended:
- Phase One:
- Comprehensive food elimination diet, followed by slow re-introduction to assess for food sensitivities;
- Homeopathics via nebulizer;
- Digestive enzymes;
- EPA/DHA 6:1 fish oil;
- Low allergy protein powder containing anti-inflammatory nutrients and herbs;
- Spinal adjustments.
- Phase Two:
- Infrared Sauna detox program;
- Spinal adjustments;
- Continue all supplements.
- Phase Three:
- Allergy Elimination Treatment;
- Spinal adjustments;
- Powdered supplement containing key herbs and nutrients known to strengthen the GI lining;
- Vitamin D;
What the patient actually did:
- This patient followed all of our recommendations.
- Within 30 days:
- Washroom visits diminished greatly.
- Joint pain greatly improved.
- No changes in energy or circulation yet.
- At 11 months:
- Digestive system near normal.
- Energy 9 out of 10 (10 being the highest energy).
- Circulation better.
- Patient knows what he can eat and confidently predict how his body will react.
- No longer worries about where the washroom is.
- Can travel anywhere now; frequently goes camping with his family.
- Exercises regularly again.
- Feels he has a normal social life.
- No longer needs his medication.