Case #5 – Chronic Acne
- 18 year old female
- Chronic acne for 3 years.
- In the past she has kept it under control with oral antibiotics and topical creams.
- For the past year the acne has been worse and not responding to oral antibiotics, topical creams, oral contraceptive pills, or diet changes. She has been told that she is becoming resistant to antibiotics.
- Acne is worse when she is stressed.
- Patient was told by her doctor that the next step would be to take Acutane. She would like to avoid taking this at all costs.
- Has frequent bouts of nausea and vomiting.
- Has bloating in the lower abdomen which does not seem to correspond to any particular foods.
- Weak immune system in general throughout the winter months.
- History of asthma and allergies to dogs, cats and ragweed.
- For the past year has been eating a vegetarian diet and frequently consumes soy and dairy products.
- Medications: oral antibiotic; benzoyl peroxide wash; oral contraceptives.
- Supplements: Multivitamin, vitamin C, fish oil, vitamin D, evening primrose oil (all are self-prescribed).
What we found:
- Multiple food sensitivities.
- Strong suspicion of intestinal bacteria overgrowth leading to widespread toxicity.
- Suspected multiple nutrient deficiencies/insufficiencies.
What we recommended:
- Phase One:
- Avoid known food sensitivities.
- High dose glutamine.
- High dose vitamin A.
- Continue her vitamin C but at a higher dose
- Continue her vitamin D.
- Continue her fish oil but at a higher dose.
- Herbal support for the adrenal, liver, and GI systems.
- Phase Two:
- Quercitin & bromelain.
- Herbal support for adrenal, liver, and GI systems.
- Vitamins C & D.
- Fish Oil.
- Phase Three:
- High dose probiotics.
- Homeopathic remedies to support skin and liver health.
What the patient actually did:
- This patient followed all of our recommendations.
- After 30 days:
- Acne a bit better.
- Nausea gone.
- Abdominal bloating better.
- After 5 months:
- Feels 80% better.
- After 7 months:
- Her skin is glowing.
- The acne has been totally cleared up for the past month except for one pimple.
- Her skin shows no signs of scarring or discoloration.